Remote Learning Expectations 

Remote learning for many teachers has been a very trying experience over the last several months. Teaching remotely is not the same as the brick and mortar classroom. As teachers we have been faced with  the challenges of juggling parent work schedules, students not logging onto sessions, and inaccurate representation of  student work and progress in the remote learning world. On top of all of this we have been challenged with how to deliver instruction and establish routines for students virtually.  

In the traditional classroom we establish routines and expectations for our students at the beginning of the school year. Remote learning is no different. At the start of remote learning for my students I established remote learning expectations for them. . For the first couple weeks of during our remote session we would go over our expectations. I would also pair each expectation with the ASL sign  for non-verbal students. By setting expectations that are consistent it is easy to refer back to them during sessions. I have found that my students have smaller attention spans and are not as willing to work remotely. During challenging times in our sessions I refer back to our expectation to get students on track. See my post for learning expectations. 

Until next time teacher friends, 
XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts